Friday, May 22, 2015

My TOP 3 Makeup Primers in my Makeup Artist Kit!


Have you ever purchased a beauty product and couldn't wait to try it? But then you do and it's just the opposite of everything you either heard or read about it? It just ends up being a complete let down and sits at the bottom of your makeup bag, never being used? Yeah, I've been there. Plenty of times.

As a Makeup Artist, I deal with all different types of skin. No one person is the same. No one product works for everyone. I think that is the biggest lesson I learned when I got into the beauty industry. I know we all, including myself, rely on reviews. They are helpful, informative, and we all want to know that a product worked for other people, in hopes that it will work for us. But that doesn't give us a guarantee that it will. There have been many products that are loved by other makeup artists, beauty magazines,and consumers that just did not work for me, and that is okay. If we all were the same, there wouldn't be so many amazing cosmetic brands, such an array of colors, textures, designs, and effects. The diversity of the beauty industry is part of why I love it. I love creativity, individuality, and one's own uniqueness. Cosmetics let us express are own personal style. That is thrilling!

With all that said, I do have favorite products, and I always love to talk about them! Once we fall in love, don't we just love to tell everyone? That isn't limited to relationships. I know that I personally LOVE telling people about products that I am passionate about. I want to spread the love and allow others to try  amazing products that could help them as they have helped me, or helped clients of mine. But, just because it works wonders on one person does not mean it will work for another. We are all different. Just something to always keep in mind!

I keep several primers in my kit for all different types of skin I put makeup on. I always need to be prepared and have what suits every skin type. These are my TOP 3 Primers I always keep on hand:

TOP 3 MAKEUP PRIMERS

 


1.CLARINS Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch ($36)
This is number one for a reason. The texture is just incredible. You feel like you are rubbing velvet on your face. It makes your skin feel magnificent. But the true magic of this product is how well it fills in your pores, fine lines, wrinkles, and imperfections. It gives you a remarkable canvas for your makeup to look stunning on. It's non-comedogenic,  allergy and ophthalmologist tested.
 I use this one for skin that may have more wrinkles, fine lines, visible pores, uneven skin, acne scars, etc. It can be used on any skin type but it's particularly brilliant for really smoothing out skin and prepping it for a more flawless makeup application. You also get a lot of bang for your buck. It lasts a really long time. You do not need a lot at all! I've gone through 2 sometimes 3 bottles of other primers in the time of one jar of Clarins Instant Smooth. It goes a long way! 

 

2. BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector ($36)
 Ever-Matte is a diamond in the rough. I do not think people know how fantastic this primer is because it's not the simplest primer to apply. But if you are able to give yourself an extra 30 seconds or a minute to apply Ever-Matte properly, you are in for truly sensational results. Ever-Matte is an Oil Control Primer that ACTUALLY works! Ever-Matte is specifically formulated to target oil-prone areas. It minimizes pores and keeps your skin matte and fresh for up to 12 hours. It can be used throughout the day to control excess oil. Ever-Matte can be used alone,under makeup, over makeup whatever you need to help with minimizing pores and controlling oil. This stellar product is sweat and humidity resistant, which makes it irreplaceable in my kit. It's also free of oil, alcohol, silicone, and fragrance. I personally use it along side another primer since I do not need oil control everywhere. I have a lot of clients who have oily skin, and have complaints that they deal with their makeup becoming oily really quickly, shiny, etc. With oily-prone clients I immediately turn to BECCA Ever-Matte, it makes their skin matte all day, controls their oil, and allows their makeup to look flawless all day!
TIP: Ever-Matte pills easily. It can create white residue, etc these are common things heard from people not applying Ever-matte properly. People put too much on, rub it in, let it dry and then try to work with it. These are all common mistakes that happen that make people think Ever-Matte isn't a good primer, when it is quite the miracle worker for oil prone skin types. Very little goes a long way. Warm it up in your hand first, makes it a bit softer, then apply very small thin amounts in the areas you need it. Do NOT rub it in (it's not a normal primer)




3.SMASHBOX Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($36)
Smashbox Studios has always known how important primer is to a flawless makeup application. So much so that the very first product the company made was in fact, primer! Smashbox KNOWS what their consumers need in a primer! Photo Finish is a blend of antioxidants and vitamins that soothes skin, supports natural collagen, smooths and perfects skin, fills in pores and fine lines, and evens out skin texture. Smashbox's unique formula diffuses light allowing it to hit your skin and blur out any imperfections you may have. Who doesn't love that?? This is my go-to general primer for clients! It's fantastic





You can find the above products at:


 
There are lot of primers I love and use, but these three are always in my kit because they allow me to be able to prep all different skin types from oily to dry! Do you have any primers you swear by? I'd love to know about them!

Ciao,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment